Monday, May 3, 2010

When was it ok to...or sigh...

This mind wants to know. When did it become ok to cuss someone out because you  did not give them something they asked for?
Case in point. My husband and I were sitting waiting for the bus an evening or two ago. A man came up to us and asked us if we had two pennies. (I am not sure why he wanted two pennies but I digress). Anyway, we actually did not have it and the man yelled at us..."F*** you all" and stormed off. 

I have to say, I was pissed. This man was asking us for something we did not have AND then cussed us out because we didn't give it to him. What??

I have to say too, it is not so unusual for someone to come up to bus riders (or for that matter just walking) on a daily bases. There are a lot of street people in this city and they ask you for stuff all the time.  However, usually they will just thank you and be on their way. But not this guy!

It is not enough that I am broke and cannot feed the world or give every Joe Blow that comes my way money to feed himself/ herself (or their addiction). It is not enough that I feel compassion for these people, even if they landed themselves there on purpose (there are those kind you know). No, it is not enough but I must endure this on a daily basis..me one been accused of having a bleeding heart...and then to get cussed at when I can't!

Seriously, when did it become ok? sigh....

5 comments:

  1. I guess thats why the guy is homeless..and most likely friendless...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not even sure he was homeless but the point is, does it really matter if he was? We did not deserve to be treated that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one deserves to be treates in that manner under any circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I deal with these types of people in my job, sounds like he is not taking some medication that he should be taking...don't take it personal,he probably told a lot of other nice people to f*** off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always found this statement to be interesting.
    I am just wondering why I shouldn't?
    He was rude to me and my husband and I did nothing to him. If I had, then I could certainly understand why he was rude back.

    ReplyDelete