Thursday, December 6, 2007

Santa, My Son &; the keys

When my son, Josh was about 4-5 years old I was going to one of our local laundry mats about once a week. This particular day I took Josh.  I remember it was cold, snow was on the ground and it was sometime around December ( I do not remember the actual date). It just so happened we were the only ones in the laundry mat at the time.  We had been there at least an hour I suppose, when a very nice older looking gentlemen and his wife walked in. At first I did not see them but Josh sure did! He got VERY excited! He exclaimed, "Mom, look it is Santa Clause!" I looked up and sure enough looked like Santa and his wife to me.I mean red sweat outfits...even the man had a white long beard and white hair (both real). I also noticed the couple had grins on their faces.
So, Josh of course wanted to go talk to them.  I told him he needed to leave them alone because they had come to do their wash. Josh could hardly contain himself though because he had a burning question.
That was....Did Santa have magic keys to get into people's house that did not have chimneys?  You see we (Josh, his sister, Natasha & myself) all had the discussion previously because we did not have a chimney and they wanted to know this all important question. After all, Christmas was coming!
After a little while longer, I finally went to the nice couple and told them my son thought they were the Clause's. He grins and  replies, "Well, we are!" My son's eyes lit up!!!
I told him my son had not seen Santa this year to let him know about his list and that he had a burning question for him. So, what does this guy do? He sits down and Josh plops in his lap. I was near folding clothes.  All of a sudden, I see my son, jump down, and run out the door with this set of keys in his hand. He was laughing and throwing snow and jingling these keys. I ran after him of course and asked him what in the blazes was he thinking!
He screams, "Mom, MOM, I got Santa's magic keys!! He did have them. He did!"
I said as calmly as I could without laughing, " Well, now you know Josh, but Santa needs them back because he has others that don't have chimneys."
Josh reluctantly gave them back to me and I took them to Santa.  I told the gentleman that he made my Christmas and certainly my son's and thanked him.  He promptly told me that he and his wife go all over the county doing parties for needy children. He often has children come up to him as Josh did. He was happy to listen to Josh as well. The only thing he wanted to know was about the keys. You see Josh just asked if he had keys, he never told him why he wanted to know. I explained and the couple just laughed.
The year that Santa and Mrs. Clause came to the laundry mat will forever be etched into my memory.
Peace and love,
Michelle

5 comments:

  1. aaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww


    I WAS WAITING FOR YOU TO POST THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    I WANNA GIVE YOU A BIG HUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    YOU MADE MY DAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will gladly take your hug. I am glad you like this story because I certainly do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome little recollection. Our children have no idea the enrichment they bring us..nor the pain and anguish, do they.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great story it kept me on the edge of my seat all the way through..ty

    ReplyDelete